Monday, April 28, 2014

You and I - John The Baptist-like?

Reading in John 1 this morning....here are a few of my observations/takeaways.....

This Chapter is written by the Apostle John, about John the Baptist. 
It mainly points to God being divinely man.  

There are a few things about John the Baptist that tickle me a bit, because they reference similar calls on our own lives....

* He's divinely appointed messenger for Jesus (points the way to Him)
* He's a preacher who's theme is repentance.  (turn away from the old ways and habits/cling to new ones in Christ that serve you better/best)
* He's a fearless confronter (while I may not be this completely yet, I find encouragement and comfort in knowing God is ever giving me opportunities to grow in this "weakness" because He wants me to be more like one of His greatest prophets! you too?) 
* He's known for his remarkable lifestyle (enough said) :-
* He's known as uncompromising (And Amen = in business, in family, in heart, in home, in travel....you are the light of the world, His light to point people to Him! Your integrity and character, and encouragement draw people unto you, and therefore unto Him!) :-) 

Lastly, taking a cue from the first sentences in this Chapter....Jesus is the Word.  Stay in THE WORD! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment