Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Resting & Ruminating in Remembrance of His Grace & Goodness

One of my favorite songs is "Waiting Here For You".  Here is the link to watch/listen to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEGnH5x8g

It's a simple heart cry, and speaks about Waiting on God in hopeful, faithful, expectation for His help to move mountains, and adoring Him in it, and through it all. 

I sing along with Christy Nockels, with every heart conviction, and cling to and believe in, every Word, when I do. Yet, in my life, in the thick of a going-through-ugly moment, I forget about God's faithfulness and might, and I doubt, in fear. 

And ever still, I'm baffled, as God has delivered me from so many things, pits and people. How could I forget His goodness, despite so many deliverances? 

Oh, how I'm ever learning that the Kingdom of God is completely reverse from everything naturally known and observed. I know this, yet still, I can be drawn to doubt and unbelief.  Truly I know exactly "where" that man in the Word was when he cried in Mark 9:24, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" Yes, I am ever, chronically human.

He says in His Word...My ways and thoughts are not your ways and thoughts, My ways and thoughts are higher (Isaiah 55:8)  

Indeed.  In resting and reflecting this morning, I feel so very humbled, and so very blessed, as I remember upon how far He's brought me. How greatly He's saved me.  And how greatly He forgives me for my doubt, time after time. 

And this prayer and confession came up via Rick Renner (one of my most treasured bible teachers).... Yes, this is my heart-call-song this morning, and every day, really (Yours also?)....

Lord, it is true that You have worked so many miracles in my life. If I were to
try to recount all the times You have saved me, delivered me, rescued me, gotten me out of trouble, put me on a right path, and blessed me when I didn’t deserve it, I wouldn’t have enough time to recite them all! So how could I ever question that You would be with me right now in my present challenge? Of course You are with me and will help me. Forgive me for being so hardhearted as to forget what You have already done for me. And I thank You right now that You are going to help me this time too! I pray this in Jesus’ name!
And, I confess that I am not forgetful of the many ways God has worked in my life. I am mindful of His mercy and grace and I praise Him for it every day. I am a living testimony of His power. He is my Redeemer, my Healer, my Deliverer, and my Provider. He is the One who rescues me from harm and who meets my every need. I am fully supplied in every area of my life because of the promises God has made to me in His Word! I declare this by faith in Jesus' Matchless Name!

So may you ever be encouraged, in God. 

As Christine Caine (another favorite bible teacher of mine) exhorts this morning..... It is essential that we allow for “PAUSE” moments in our lives, because it is in those times that we can hear the voice of God, be reminded of His greatness, rest in His presence and allow His peace to be established in every area of our lives.

Be still, and know that I am God . . . —Psalm 46:10a (ESV)

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lordyour God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6


Reflect on all He is, all He's done and all He's given


Your Father Walks With You, Especially in the Uphill going


Blue Skies, And Green Fields (above all you can dare ask or think), Await you on the other side 


Your Father is ever watching over you, ever near, on the long road


Count your blessings one by one - They are ever all around you


Walk with Your Father hand in hand, through "it" All. He never leaves or forsakes you. He loves you with an everlasting love! (Jeremiah 31:3)


Amen! Much Love to You, Beloved Ones of God.  God Bless your day! 

By His Grace ~ Amy O

No comments:

Post a Comment