Saturday, March 1, 2014

Stuffing My Face (Celery or Prayer?)


Personal Revelation Share...

May be an encouragement to someone out there, so I thought I'd share...

Ever since I was a kid, I've had a really big problem with binging, overeating and self-destructive eating tendencies.

It always starts the same. Either I'm procrastinating in making a decision on something, or I'm worried about someone or something, and I get up and go straight to the cabinets.

I'd stuff my face, but to be honest, my mind never got calm or received the peace in which I was longing for, nor did my appetite ever get squelched, or quenched, nor did my hips ever lie! 

I had recently heard Joyce Meyer's testimony about quitting smoking. She said that she would be driving down the highway, puffing on cigarettes saying out loud "I hate smoking. I don't like to smoke.!" The testimony ends with her desire to smoke, completely leaving her within a short time.

So I took a queue from this spiritual Mama and started declaring about 2 weeks ago "I hate overeating. I hate binging and stress eating. I hate eating unhealthily".

And this was great, although, it was only one step of the journey. I needed to not stop doing the bad habit, but start doing the better habit. So I had begun to pray instead.

Every time those familiar tendencies arose, I would begin to pray, and not just for myself to stop, but for all the people, and things that I could think of that needed prayer covering. I began to speak life, and use the very instrument (and weapon) that the enemy was trying to keep "stuffed" and "full" with food and unnecessary things, to combat him and this hell tool.

Our words are containers of power. There is no greater weapon than the trust-filled, worship-giving power of prayer.

If you struggle with this same issue, please, even if it's a whisper, PRAY! You don't have to be loud for your prayers to be heard!

I've noticed a big difference since this new revelation, and I pray that it encourages and blesses you too!

Here are some relevant quotes and scripture...

"When you move in a negative emotion or thought, you are empowering the enemy against yourself. Everything the enemy seeks to bring against us we can turn it around by moving in the opposite spirit and afflicting him instead."~ G Cooke

1 Corinthians 6:12 declaration:
"'I have the right to do anything,' you say—but not everything is beneficial. 'I have the right to do anything'—but I will not be mastered by anything."

The enemy is terrified of every woman who studies God's Word, prays with power, loves with grace and serves with joy. C Caine

“The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:5b-7)

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God Bless you! Here's to breakthrough and better habits embrace and blessings!

In His Love and Grace,
Amy O

No comments:

Post a Comment