Saturday, March 1, 2014

Frozen....A Revelation and Soliloquy

The other day, Disney movie "Frozen" came out on iTunes for purchase....and guess who were one of the first house holds to purchase it?

Of course, our little princess-blessed home was!

Once you watch this film, it's easy to understand how this has been Disney's highest grossing film of all time.

It's title song "Let It Go", sung by Idina Menzel, with it's gripping melody and lyrics, coupled with a stunning musical arrangement is particularly very catchy and heart home-hitting for anyone facing a great going through of the heart, mind and soul.

I am always interested in seeing "making of" and "behind-the-scenes" snippets for these things. I love to research and discover the people and the work that goes into the making and creating of a thing.

I came upon the video of the song writers of the film. They are a mother and father of two young girls, who wrote all of the songs for this film. The time and the hours put into the writing and "discovering" of these songs were countless.

One things that spoke to me particularly was when they said that to even begin writing the songs they spent 18 months for 2 hours a day, on a conference call with the writers of the film, learning about who the characters were that were singing the songs, and getting to know them inside and out.

Once they did this, they than began to write, and there were a lot of songs that reached the chopping block, before they "discovered" "Let It Go" (the signature song), than most of the rest of the songs came from this.

This is strangely peculiar to me.

Recently, God has been calling me to dig deeper with Him. Get to know Him better. I have a lot of hearts desires that I want to fulfill for Him, and my crying out prayers lately have been, "How, God?", and "What, God?" I am trusting Him for the divine favor, anointing and blessing to be able to move forward in these dreams, particularly in writing books and songs that glorify and bless Him and His Kingdom.

Interestingly , in this busy day in age, and lots of pull in all different directions, I conveniently often get my Word "on the go". I listen to sermons, and I read devotionals, and I listen to worship music and praise as often as I can, praying as often as busy life allows. Most of the time, my kitchen is my most favorite everyday tabernacle.

Yet I least often sit and be still and seek Him in His Word, regarding my own particular life relevance. There are a few minutes in the quiet of the early morning before every one wakes up that I journal, but it isn't nearly a searching in the scripture for my personal "rhema" (in my understanding this means "stand out" scripture and guidance from God on particularly relevant things in my life and journey with Him and for Him).

And if I don't get to really know my God and His heart, by pursuing knowing Him in and through His Word, how can I know Him well enough to create my life song for Him!? Wow!

It took a lot of time, effort, and researching and searching within one's anointing to be able to create the beautifully finished work of a timeless creative work such as the movie "Frozen", therefore why wouldn't it be so with a wanted timelessly beautiful life and life work for God?

One other thing that struck me from what the Disney "Frozen" song writers had said was, "You have to write a lot of wrong songs, to find the right song". I love that!

I both love and dislike that failure is inevitable in the journey of maturity in a thing, project or life. But within that failure is the blessing of the keys to rising further, and more greatly to a next level or point in it.

I've been afraid to "go for it" out of the knowing of the inevitable fear of failure. Truthfully, I don't care for the pain and upset failure brings. I've experienced enough hurt and harm in my life from the pain of failure. By my God is greater, and I've failed to embrace this truth! Hence my parilzation in the moving forward in hope and trust in The One Who is Greatest!

So, if I just "Let It Go" and let God (The One who will never leave, fail or forsake me or quit loving me), I will find in my measure of faith, in my willing heart for Him, that He will and can bless me more abundantly above all I dare ask, or think. And use me as the blessing I long to be. No pain is so great that it shadows or even comes close to Jesus' ultimate pain and sacrifice on that cross at calvary.

It's time for the ceiling to become the floor, and to let great grace be our fuel to go to a deeper level with our Father and Friend. Search for Him and You will find Him, and most of all yourself, and "what (and Who) you are made of".

If there ever was a time to "Let It Go", it is now, for such a time as this, Beautiful Children of God and pioneers of faith for Our Great and Mighty King!

Love you All! Thanks for reading through this lengthy post! Praying it has blessed and encouraged you!

In His Love and By His Grace ~ 

Amy O

No comments:

Post a Comment