Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Epic Gym Failure...

It was just a matter of time.  

I could only pass by the newly opened gym touting the $10 per month fee sign, before signing up. 

Tight budget, small condo = next to no budget room, nor physical space for a cardio machine. And it was long past due for me to start incorporating regular cardio into my fitness routine. I had plateaued, and my weight loss stopped, yet I still have 10 more pounds before my goal weight is reached. 

So off I went. I wasn't sure what to expect.  I'd joined a gym before, years earlier, and felt really out of place, and under-educated. However, this time around, having done Lisa Lynn workouts (http://lynfit.com/collections/fitness-nutrition) for about 1 year, feeling pretty fit, and about thirty pounds down, I felt I could give it a more confident try.  

Then it happened...about 3 days in, I began pushing myself very hard.  Almost everyone at the gym seemed so much more fit and better looking than I, and truthfully, I got caught up with the hype of the fitness beast. And frustratingly, sadly, unnecessarily, I injured my back very badly about 2 weeks in.

Here's the point: After 1 year of working out with Lisa, I never got injured. 

Lisa's (http://lynfit.com/collections/fitness-nutrition) metabolic workouts were designed to boost your heart rate, and jump start your metabolism, as well as keep it working strong all day; without all the torque and insanity of other main stream workouts, or killing yourself at the gym. 

Bottom line: You don't need to kill yourself at a gym in order to get results. In fact, you may be doing more damage than good.  

Lisa recommends 30 - 45 minutes a day cross-training cardio and working out with one of her DVD workouts 3 times a week.  Since I've healed, and really began to follow her experiential wisdom, I've found the pressure's off, and no more injuries, yet the results still keep coming, and I'm more motivated to continue with this journey. I'm down 5 more pounds this week, and feel more strong and fit than ever. 

Hope you can learn a lesson from my testimony.  All the best in your fitness journey in 2014!  


In His Love and By His Grace ~ Amy O

No comments:

Post a Comment