Saturday, January 26, 2013

On Your Remarks, Reset...Go!


We finally got to the car, and on our way. My harsh tone and hurrying words still hung in the air. 

How is you can be minutes from an awakening to life and breath, new mercies and new day, (Lamentations 3:22-23) filled with God's limitless compassion, yet still choose to be and do so much of the "old you" that includes none of that/His wonder and beauty? 

Her beautiful, clear blue eyes looked out the window taking in the world and the glories of God in it. (Isaiah 6:3) His glory standing out before her, but in me, through me, through my words and actions, can she behold any of His glory?

It’s a simple question and my eyes well up.  It seems the only question that continually keeps coming up for me.  And in this, I know God is stretching me again. Stretching, growing, directing, loving me forward, because, He loves me too much to leave me the same.  When will that revelation ever stick?

I pray often, “God help me to be a blessing to You and Your Kingdom.” And, maybe in one of these opportune moments, I will stop and re-think my go-to emotions, reactions, words, and tone, and remind myself that the very platform to change the world I’ve been asking for all along, is not the one in my grand vision, but the very place He’s given unto me that I abide in day in and day out, right now. In my home. With my family.

Every moment He has given, and gives, is an opportunity to do just this…glorify Him. I have a choice to live more like Him, in every moment. Because that is where He is. In the moment.  Ever my refuge and strength. My very present help in time of need.  (Psalm 46:1) 

Every moment I need Him.

My weaknesses may be abundant. But this is actually hopeful. Because He says “My strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

And there it is, the greatest truth…in needing Him, I am strong. 

And there in the car, before we got to our destination, before another moment passed, His still small voice whispering, “Let your gentleness be evident to all. I am near”. (Philippians 4:5), I claimed a victory for my Savior, whom I long to glorify so! 

For above all the appointments, feelings, places, problems, and fears, there is one thing that must ring clear above all of the worldly distraction. This is The Lord proclaiming, “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:9)

And I stammered, but said, “Beloved.  God just showed me that I haven’t been nice. He’s asking me to be nicer. Please forgive me?”  Because what good is it to tell her to be nice and to be a blessing, if she doesn’t know that God with us, above me, doesn’t hold me accountable too? If He loves me to it, so I must also love her through it!

She looked at me in the rear view mirror. Between glances, I could feel the grace and love of God pierce through me, with those beautiful eyes. She looked into my spirit, and forgave. Fresh from Heaven and Grace Himself, she loves freely.  And I think sometimes those clear blue eyes can see eternity still.   

My God, He’s showing me how to live through her.  There is so much to learn from this beautiful child of God. To dance, to laugh, to sing, to shout, to run, to play, but mostly to love.  Her highest priorities are His. And so mine must be!

And to forgive myself and move forward in Him and With Him…Well, it must be done. Every moment is an opportunity to choose better, to exercise the fruit of the spirit to greater strength within me.  Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control (Galatians 5:22-23). 

He is these. He is in me. I have Christ in me. I can be more like Christ in me. 

And I leave you with God’s Word from 1 Thessalonians 5 to encourage you as you move forward and keep looking up, Ya’ll. Be blessed! You are His Beloved, In Whom He is well pleased!

Love in Him,
Amy O

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awak or asleep, we may live together with Him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing....but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else...Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.

P.S. Later that same day....






No comments:

Post a Comment